Saltar para: Post [1], Pesquisa e Arquivos [2]

A Esquina do Desencontro

Histórias de Desencontros Ficcionais (ou Não) na Esquina da Vida

Museo del Prado

28.04.16 | Cuca Margoux

The Prado Museum first opened on 19 November 1819, when it had the name of the Royal Museum of Painting and Sculpture, in reference to the fact that the works of art came from the collections of the Spanish monarchs.

In 1872 the collection was expanded with the arrival of works of art from the controversial Museo de la Trinidad, set up through Mendizábal's Law of Disentailment (Ley de Desamortización) of 1836, following the seizure of works of art formely owned by the monasteries in Spain.

The new museum would be one of the first to follow the French model of the Musée du Louvre (opened in 1793), whose main feature - other than its public character wich resulted from the nationalisation of the country's artistic heritage, previously in the hands of the rulling classes - was its educational and recreational functions.

in Guide Museo del Prado